Chili Cornbread Casserole
- 1 pkg. Plentiful Pantry Chili Fixins
- 1 pkg. Plentiful Pantry Cornbread Mix
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 c. water divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream optional
- sliced green onions optional
- Brown ground beef and onion, breaking meat into small pieces. Drain off excess fat. Stir in Chili Fixins spice packet and add 4 cups water. Add kidney beans and stir well. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Combine 1 cup water with cornbread mix in medium bowl and stir until moistened.
- In a 9x13 pan, pour chili mixture on the bottom and layer with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Pour the cornbread mixture on top of the shredded cheese and carefully spread it to cover the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cornbread is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Top with sour cream and green onions if desired.