Chipotle Burger with Caramelized Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 20% fat)
- 2 onions sliced 1/8 – ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- 8 slices cheese
- 4 Buns
- Plentiful Pantry Chipotle Mix prepared
- Heat butter and olive oil in skillet until sizzling. Add the onions a couple of handfuls at a time and stir until soft and starting to turn translucent, 1-2 minutes. Add more onions and continue until you’ve added all the onions. Season with a pinch of salt. Reduce heat and cook onions, stirring every few minutes until blond colored, 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the meat into patties and place on plate, using two fingers, gently press the center down slightly. This ensures that the burgers don’t shrink to much.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Cook burgers on the grill to desired doneness. The time will depend on the thickness of your burgers. Add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve on soft buns with prepared Chipotle Dip mix. Top with caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato, if desired.