French Toast with Almond Pound Cake & Blueberries
- 1 package of Plentiful Pantry Almond Pound Cake mix
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese cut into ½ inch cubes.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of half and half
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Syrup or Whipped Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Prepare Almond Pound Cake as directed. Allow to cool completly and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a greased 8 x 8 baking dish, layer ¾ of cake cubes, cream cheese cubes, blueberries and then remaining cake cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over cubes, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Remove cover and bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted to center comes out clean.