Delicious rich meatball sliders on an individual bun with homemade tomato sauce.
- 1 pkg Pasta Partners Marinara Sauce Mix
- 28 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes undrained
- 6 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Pasta Partners Meatball Mix
- 1 1/2 lb. ground hamburger
- 2 oz. sausage optional
- 1 egg
- 24 slider buns Hawaiian rolls
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- In a 2 qt. saucepan over low heat, combine Pasta Partners Marinara sauce mix, tomatoes, tomato paste and 1 cup water. Let simmer while preparing meatballs.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground chuck, sausage, egg, 1/3 cup water and Pasta Partners meatball mix.
- Spoon thin layer of Marinara Sauce across the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish.
- Make meatball mixture into 24 balls (approx. 1-1/2 oz. each). Flatten slightly if desired. Place meatballs in dish, cover each meatball with sauce.
- Cover with foil, bake at 400° for 45 minutes. (Can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen.)
- Take meatballs out of oven and reduce heat to 350°.
- Place bottom half of the slider buns into two 9x13 casserole dishes.
- Spoon a little of the sauce on each bun then place a meatball on each one. Add a little more sauce over each meatball.
- Cover the meatballs in mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top buns over the meatballs and brush them with olive oil.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese and the Italian seasoning together and sprinkle it over the buns.
- Cover the dishes with foil and bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and continue to bake for another 5 minutes.