Pound Cake French Toast
- 1 pkg Plentiful Pantry Almond Pound Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 sticks of butter 3/4 cup, melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter 4 tbsp
- powdered sugar optional
Pound Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease a standard loaf pan.
- Combine water, 3/4 cup melted butter and pound cake mix in large bowl; blend well. DO NOT OVER MIX; batter may be lumpy.
- Spread in loaf pan and bake 65-75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (you may cover with foil the last 15 minutes if the cake is getting too browned.)
- Cool completely and remove from pan. Slice and serve.
- High Altitude: (over 5,000 feet) Increase water by 2 tablespoons and add 1/3 cup flour.
French Toast Directions:
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, almond extract and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter 1-2 tablespoons at a time in a skillet or pan on medium heat.
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture being sure to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Add to skillet/pan and cook on each side for 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, fruit and/or powdered sugar. ENJOY!