Cheddar Jalapeño Soup
Full of flavor and just the right amount of heat. Its great just by itself!
The light flavor of Jalapeno is tamed by the cheddar base of the soup. Can feel the heat of the pepper but mild enough for most people.
Adding corn or potatoes will make the soup more mild, if you want to keep up the heat you can throw in some fresh jalapenos!
Wonderfully filling, great for cold months.
Great gift idea for anyone who loves Jalapenos! Add any of our Plentiful Pantry products to a gift basket for any occasion!
Try this over a baked potato, tastes amazing!
Pair this with some of our Plentiful pantry breads! Try it with our Corn Bread!
Directions for Cheddar Jalapeno Soup
You will need:
2 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups milk
In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
Just add water and milk or add chicken and corn for flavorful southwest chicken chowder… so yummy!
Cheddar Jalapeno Mac & Cheese
- 1 box Plentiful Pantry Cheddar Jalapeno Soup Mix
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup of cheese Pepper Jack or White Cheddar cheese work well
- 1 lb. Fiesta Fioretti or pasta of your choice
- ¾ cup bread crumbs or Panko crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 3 qt baking dish (9x13). Set aside.
- Prepare soup as directed on soup box using water and milk as above.
- Remove soup from stove and add cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and place in baking dish.
- Add butter to bread crumbs. Sprinkle over pasta and bake 15-20 min.
See our other soups for great options for quick and easy meals. Most only require water! If you like this soup make sure to try our White Cheddar Asparagus and Cheddar Broccoli Soup.
Follow us on our social media!