Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- 1 Box Plentiful Pantry Pumpkin Pound Cake Mix
- 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 6 tbsp. butter softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla or maple flavoring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin pound cake mix, canned pumpkin and butter in a large bowl and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a large (4 tbsp) ice cream or cookie scoop, scoop out and place on parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until batter is gone.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until well blended. Add powdered sugar and blend slowly until mixed. Add flavoring and mix on high until smooth.
- When cookies have cooled completely, add 3-4 tablespoons of filling to the middle of the flat side of one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie and press until filling spreads to the edge of the cookies. Repeat. Place cookies on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.