- 1 pkg. Plentiful Pantry Cheesy Enchilada Soup Mix
- 3-4 C. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 small White Onion peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breasts diced into small 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 4 oz. can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 15.5 oz. can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 8 large Flour Tortillas
- 3 C. Mexican-blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 C. Fresh Cilantro chopped (optional)
- Whisk contents of Soup Mix package into 3-4 cups of warm water, depending on your desired consistency. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced chicken and green chilies, and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, lay out a tortilla and spread two tablespoons of sauce over the surface. Add beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla, then add in a spoonful of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Then spread the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately, garnished with chopped fresh cilantro if desired.