Chicken With Asparagus & Rice
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless/skinless
- 1 pkg. Plentiful Pantry White Cheddar Asparagus Soup
- 1 C. Fresh Asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 C. Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the Asparagus Soup according to the package directions, using only 4 cups of water.
- While soup is simmering, season chicken breasts with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat a heavy skillet over med/high heat. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to pan and add chicken breasts. Cook until juice runs clear; 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove chicken to an ovenproof baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the asparagus and green onions to the soup and remove from heat.
- Pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and a salad.