At our house there are three things we love: cheese, cheese, and more cheese! I know that your family will love this cheesy dinner as well. Using the Plentiful Pantry Tomato Parmesan Bisque and adding it to a cheese lined bread bowl served with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side is just the kind of warming, delicious dinner your family will ask for again and again.
Tomato Parmesan Bisque with Grilled Cheese Bread Bowl
- 1 Box Plentiful Pantry Tomato Parmesan Bisque
- 5 cups water
- 6 bread bowls
- sliced cheese American singles work best, you will need 36 slices for 6 servings
- butter softened
- Whisk Tomato Parmesan Bisque into 5 cups of warm water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Carefully cut a disc out of the middle of each bread bowl.
- Spread a light layer of butter evenly inside the bread bowl.
- Take 4 slices of cheese and line the inside of each bread bowl with the slices overlapping slightly.
- Place the bread bowls on a baking sheet and bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Take the disc you removed from each bread bowl, and slice it in half creating two thin discs. Spread one side of each disc lightly with butter. Place two slices of cheese in between two buttered discs, with the buttered sides facing out.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add each sandwich and cook until golden, 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Ladle the finished bisque into the cheese lined bread bowls and serve with grilled cheese sandwich.