Red Velvet Cake Pops
- 1 package Plentiful Pantry Red Velvet Pound Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup 1½ sticks butter, melted
- 1 egg beaten
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cake Pop Assembly:
- candy melts in various colors
- lollipop sticks
- decoration candy
Pound Cake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease a 8 x 4 x 2 loaf pan.
- Combine water, ¾ cup melted butter, egg and pound cake mix in large bowl; blend well. DO NOT OVER MIX; batter may be lumpy.
- Spread in loaf pan and bake 65-75 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (you may cover with foil the last 15 minutes if the cake is getting too browned.)
- Cool completely and remove from pan.
- High Altitude: (over 5,000 feet) Increase water by 2 tablespoons and add 1/3 cup flour.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla.
Cake Pop Directions:
- In large bowl, use hands to crumble cooled Red Velvet cake until no large chunks remain. Add cream cheese frosting; mix until well combined. Form mixture into cake balls. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours, or in a freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt colored Candy Melts in microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Dip sticks into melted Candy Melts and insert into cake balls; let set. Dip the cake pops into the melted Candy Melts. Sprinkle with candy decoration of your choice.
- Use a Styrofoam block to dry cake pops once they are dipped in the candy melts. Poke holes in the Styrofoam block with one of the lollipop sticks before you start dipping. Make the holes about 2 inches apart.
- Make sure the cake balls are chilled/firm before you dip them. They can always be placed back in the freezer for a few minutes to firm them up if they start getting too soft.