Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 pkg Plentiful Pantry Red Velvet Pound Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- ½ cup softened butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine water, melted butter, egg and red velvet pound cake mix in large bowl; blend well. DO NOT OVER MIX; batter may be lumpy. Line a cupcake pan with liners. Divide batter between papers, about 3/4 full (makes 12 large or 18 medium cupcakes).
- Bake at 325° for 23-26 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat together softened butter and softened cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Spread or pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.