- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 Pasta Partners Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- ¾ cup carrots peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking sherry
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium pot with 4 quarts boiling water, add the potatoes. Boil until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add Pasta Partners Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce Mix to milk and butter. Microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring after each minute or two. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain. Place the potatoes back into the pot and add the Roasted Garlic Sauce mixture. Blend together using a potato masher until smooth. Salt & Pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and 1 tbsp water. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook until the onions start to become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef or turkey, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until the meat is well browned – about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooking sherry, chicken stock and peas. Simmer uncovered until the liquid reduces in half, about 10 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the meat mixture into a greased 9″ x 9″ baking dish. Press down on the mixture so it’s nice and tight – this makes it easier to serve and less likely to fall apart.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture. Press down into the dish and smooth out the top with a spatula or make a crosshatch pattern with a fork.
- Brush the top of the potatoes with the egg yolk mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place into the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until the top is a golden color.