Stars and Stripes Cinnamon Pound Cake
- 2 PLENTIFUL PANTRY ALMOND POUND CAKE mixes baked in a 9×13 pan
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 Cup butter melted
- 1 Cup sugar
- ¾ Cup water
- ¾ Cup red wine
- 2 Tsps. cinnamon
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries hulled and sliced
- Add 2 cups water and 1 ½ cup melted butter to cake mixes and pour into lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 325° degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then use the end of a wooden spoon to punch holes in cake 2 inches apart.
- Add ¾ cup water and ¾ cup sugar to a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer just until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in ¾ cup red wine and 2 tsps. cinnamon. Let cool completely then pour over cake, making sure some gets into the holes. Refrigerate for 1 hour before garnishing.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Spread most of the whipped cream over the cake with a spatula, reserving some for piping. Decorate your cake by placing the blueberries in a square on the top left corner. Arrange strawberries in lines to form the stripes and pipe remaining whipped cream in between the strawberries and some on the blueberries to form the stars.
- Refrigerate for 8-12 hours to allow it to set.